- Ensure RAP WAR Products feature installed -- http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/Equinox_WAR_products
- Create a new WAR Product Configuration in the plugin project. New -> Other... -> Plugin Development
- Select parent folder, name the product and choose the lauch configuration
- Open the WAR product file and enter an ID and Name
- On the configuration page add the JARs used by the project
- Return to the Overview page and select Validate
- If necessary, add the missing plugins or JARs
- Start the export wizard and enter the name of the output file. Press Finish.
- The WAR file has now been exported
- Open the Websphere Integrated Solutions Console
- Create new Application Server. I called it RAP_TEST.
- I had to modify a few ports because the defaults clashed with other App Servers
- Install new Enterprise Application and enter the name of the WAR file
- Accept all defaults and enter a context root such as /apps/rap
- Might need to sync nodes etc but should now work
- <servername>/apps/rap/fair?startup=fair (in my case)
Missing images problem
I set up a simple Tomcat server to check that it wasn't a WAS problem. I then noticed that there was an exception in the logs. Something to do with Jetty and an 'Address already in use' bind error. I was surprised that Jetty would be active on the Tomcat server so I checked my plugin dependencies. In the end I removed all the dependencies and added the 'Required plugins'. That seemed to cure the problem. After redeploying, there were no Jetty exceptions and I get the images which were missing.